Blueberry Quick Bread in Mini Loaves
A moist and delicious blueberry quick bread recipe baked in mini loaf pans for the whole family to enjoy.
This easy blueberry quick bread recipe is great for a weekend breakfast with the family. What I love most is how quickly I can whip up a batch, because it only takes 15 minutes to get these in the oven. It’s rare to find a recipe that’s easy enough to prepare while LB plays in the morning. Sometimes, making breakfast is downright difficult with a toddler…but these blueberry mini loaves are a breeze!
- For this recipe, I used Organic whole milk, Bob’s Red Mill, White Unbleached Flour and Organic Cane Sugar. I admit these ingredients are quite a bit more expensive than traditional milk, flour, and sugar, but I still prefer to use these ingredients because that’s what I typically have on hand. So…my cost calculations will reflect the use of these more expensive ingredients, and you can certainly choose to use what you have on hand. (Using basic milk, all-purpose flour, and white sugar will save you approximately $3.09 for the recipe, or $0.26 per serving.)
- There was no cinnamon used for the bread shown in the photograph, which is a more traditional blueberry-muffin-style recipe. If you are a fan of the blueberry and cinnamon flavor combination like I am, I recommend trying it with cinnamon. It’s delicious.
- I use fresh blueberries for this recipe, but frozen would also work just fine.
- If you prefer muffins, or don’t have mini loaf pans (you may have noticed…we use this Wilton Recipe Right 3 Piece Mini Loaf Pan Set a lot), you can keep the baking time the same if you fill your muffin tins or paper muffin cups 3/4 of the way full.
- The cost calculations are based on the prices paid at the time this recipe was made in March 2015. My local grocery store has been consistently selling half priced blueberries for a little over a month, so that has an impact on the total cost. At regular prices, the total cost would have been $11.88 or $0.99 per serving.
- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Cook Time: 30 minutes
- Ready In: 55 minutes
- Servings: 12
- Cost: $9.89 for the recipe, or $0.82 per serving
- 3 cups flour
- 3 t baking powder
- 1/2 t salt
- 1 t ground cinnamon (optional)
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 cup milk
- 1 T coconut oil, solid
- 1 T coconut oil, melted
- 2 t vanilla extract
- 1 3/4 cups fresh or frozen blueberries
Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
Use 1 tablespoon of solid coconut oil to generously grease 6 mini loaf pans, and place them on a large baking sheet (for ease of transporting to/from oven).
Mix the flour, baking powder, salt, and cinnamon (if you’re using any) together in a large mixing bowl. Once blended, create a well in the center.
In a separate bowl, lightly beat the eggs. Blend in the sugar. Add the milk, melted coconut oil, and vanilla. Mix well.
Pour the wet mixture into the well you’ve created in the dry mixture and mix only until blended (batter will be quite thick). Don’t over mix.
Gently fold in the blueberries.
Spread batter evenly into the 6 mini loaf pans. Your pans should be approximately half full of batter.
Bake at 400 degrees for 5 minutes, and then reduce heat to 375 degrees. Bake for 25 more minutes.
When your loaves look golden brown and puffy on top, remove from oven to let cool for 10 minutes.
After cooling, these little lovelies will pop out of the loaf pans pretty easily.
Serve plain or with fresh salted butter.