When we launched By The Seat Of Our Pants (one year ago today), I was eight and half months pregnant with our second child, still working a desk job, and desperately wanted to be home with our kids. Jason was building his voice business at night while caring for our son (LB) during the day, all while taking steps toward weight loss and a healthier self. We knew we had to flip our lives, and that we’d have to work hard toward making those changes a reality.
Our original vision and goal for this blog was to live our lives with purpose, and share our experiences for your enjoyment. Let’s take a look at our first year on the blog, shall we?
- Our daughter (LG) was born via c-section the day after we launched the blog, so we’ll be celebrating her 1st birthday tomorrow!
- Jason and I published 88 blog posts in our first year. That’s an average of about 1 post every 4 days! In addition, there are also 100 posts from my 100 Happy Days Challenge at the end of 2015. This project (centered around daily gratitude) definitely improved my overall happiness. So if you’re considering a similar challenge, I highly recommend it. It just may change your life for the better.
- We both made progress on our weight loss goals. Jason lost a total of 37 pounds since we launched the blog, and I lost 31 pounds (from six months postpartum to now). Stay tuned for more updates on this, as I’m planning to start another Whole 30 beginning April 1st. I’ve also been preparing some yummy Paleo/Whole 30 recipes to share with you.
- In the last year, I left my 20 year accounting career to become the accountant for Jason’s business, run this blog, and stay home to share in caring for our kids. We’ve had to tighten the purse strings a bit, but doing so has made our dream a reality. We’re still going strong, and will be adding more content related to saving money and making wise family finance choices over the next year.
- In our first year of existence, we were honored to be chosen as Madison Magazine’s Bronze Winner in the BEST Local Blog category for 2016.
We’re so glad you have stayed with us through our successes and challenges this past year. We hope you’ll continue to enjoy our stories, and perhaps even tell your friends about us. If you aren’t already following us on social media, please reach out. You can find us on Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest, and Instagram.
Thanks, readers! You’re the best!